Sunday, May 3, 2015

keep changing

It's finals week. Just for me...not my kids. I can just imagine what it would be like if all 6 of us were finishing up another year of school this week. I'm thankful for that small mercy. As it is, I am frazzled and full. Filled up...and nearly on empty.
At the end of the week I am celebrating...victory, small as it may be, is still victory. And I'll take it. Anyone that decides to go back to school after having kids...after life has picked you up and spun you around a bit, spitting you back out all turned around and dizzy...is courageous. There has been every reason to give up and take the less scary road; but, to be honest, every road has a bit of the scary unknown to it. It puts me in touch with my adventurous spirit...craving something new and exciting. The stagnant life is not for me. Does anyone really crave stagnation? Perhaps contentment, or stability...but certainly not stagnation.
Have you ever been told you can't change? I have... And something in me rises up in defiance. As it should... We are free to change, or not change, as many times as we want. That's the way of things. We grow, we fall, and we get back up; sometimes many times over... It takes courage to choose something new and different. To operate from a space of personal wisdom and courage despite the naysayers.
Only you know everything you have come through. Most are probably not aware themselves of everything they have survived. I think it's important to keep this in mind. Nobody should tell you what you can or cannot do.
I, personally, am changing daily. And I am challenged by the journey, and hopeful about what awaits me...

No comments:

Post a Comment