Friday, May 8, 2015

frumpy garments

Things that sit there on the shelf, collecting dust, part of the general scene. I walk around with lots of things like that. Maybe I’m afraid to dust them off and show their true purpose. Maybe they are outdated and not useful any more… Oftentimes I am not aware of them at all, or have lost sight...

Then someone asks me something at just the right moment, and I see. I couldn’t before because I wasn't looking, and all the pieces fall into place and a light goes off…a recognition… 

I have recently wondered how many things I have been looking at without seeing. This phrase is often said of things that ought to be precious...amazing. Things that should not be neglected because they have great and precious value. 

But what about the things that I neglect because they no longer fit me? They no longer serve. They crowd and choke. The heart's frumpy garments...

Why still carry them around?...




No comments:

Post a Comment